Sunday, July 17, 2011

"It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!"

Do you remember when you were a kid and couldn't wait for Christmas morning? To run into your parents bedroom and tell them Santa had come to eat the cookies leaving footprints and a mountain of presents by the tree? When we start to get older we lose a sense of excitement. As a child you are so innocent and unaware of the things around you, therefore we were more impressed by everyday things.
 My childhood was sheltered, so entering my first year of high school was a world wind adventure. I had my first boyfriend, friends to gossip with, and actually felt like I belonged somewhere with a group of people, unlike mid school where I found it very hard to make friends, felt left out, and even been bullied. I became excited once again about how this new life was. Like a child does when they dance to a song they like or re watch a movie over and over again because they find joy and excitement in it.
Being a child of only 15 at the time I had no idea of the person I would become today. I've learned some life long lessons in education, street smarts, love, friendships. This is the sort of thing that excites me now. I want to become one of these people. Learn and travel and see the world like a child does. A clean slate to enjoy and experience things like I once have. Looking back to how I was a kid makes me realize how lucky I was. My parents raised me with such a great look upon the world. Letting me stay a child without growing up too fast. I laughed and played and took in moments that are like a tattoo engraved in my memory.
We expect too much from things that should just make us happy. And that's the key to being excited, happiness. So scream, shout! Dance, heck even shuffle to Party Rock Anthem. It doesn't matter.
We often forget to make it a point to reflect on the past and use that as a guide for the future.
"Second star to the right and straight on till morning!"

No comments:

Post a Comment